At Snap, we strive to provide a self service laundry that is always aligned with our motto of Fast, Easy, Clean. Our impact on the environment is also an important consideration for us, and we have made a number of decisions to minimise our carbon footprint and support eco friendly options at our laundry. Here’s how you can do environmentally friendly laundry at Snap:
- Save Water. Water savings can be made by simply considering the choice of washing machine to do your laundry. One of the biggest advantages of front loader machines is that they use much less water than top loaders – up to 70% less. Our Dexter front loader washing machines are internationally renowned for their sump-free washer design and flexible water usage settings to reduce water consumption. Compared to domestic household machines, our Dexters use significantly less water.
- Save Energy. Front loaders use a tumbling action to turn and wash clothes, so this uses less energy than the mechanical parts moving in a top loader. They are also designed to have higher spin speeds, resulting in less moisture in the clothes on completion. This shortens the energy and drying time required by the dryers when you need them – therefore reducing greenhouse gases.
- Reduce Greenhouse Gases. Our express dryers have the reputation for delivering maximum energy efficiency by balancing heat input, tumble speed, air recirculation, and airflow through large-diameter cylinders. A standard load of washing can be dried in less than 30 minutes at the laundromat, compared to household dryers that can take well over an hour to dry and utilise so much energy.
- Use Less Detergent. Too much detergent can make your clothes stiff, cause a build up of mould and mildew, and negatively impacts the environment. We made the decision to install an automatic dosing system so that high quality detergent is automatically injected into the machines with every wash. Only a small amount of good quality detergent is required to provide the perfect wash.
- Avoid Dry Cleaning Chemicals. Washing and drying your large items – such as doonas, pillows & blankets – in our BIG machines means that you can avoid harsh dry cleaning chemicals. Our MAXI machine can wash up to 20 kilograms in just 25 minutes, using mild detergent for a brilliant clean.
We strive to create a bright, clean, safe & interesting environment that carefully considers its impact on the environment. Come and visit us, where you can support eco friendly laundry choices AND get your washing done in a snap.
Michelle & Ian – Authors & Owners – Snap Laundromat
Sincere thanks to Michelle Rose for her beautiful images & photography.