Did you know that your should clean you doona at least twice during the winter season?
Regular cleaning of your doona will ensure it’s longevity & warmth. Importantly – a thorough clean is the only way to remove the oils, skin cells and dust mites that naturally accumulate with use.
Luckily, most doonas can be machine washed. However, many home washing machines are not big enough to handle a doona. Don’t panic! Our HUGE self-serve front loader washing machines easily do the job.
Best of all, you can wash & dry your doona for less than $20 at our laundromats, using FREE high quality detergent.
Simpy locate one of our Snap Laundromats (Taringa or Paddington) and follow these simple step-by-step instructions to refresh your doona:
- Check your doona’s care instructions. Most can be machine washed but you need to be sure.
- Grab $20 of notes or coin (for your convenience, there is a change machine available at each laundry).
- Pack your dirty doona in a laundry bag or basket.
- Travel to our laundromats at Taringa or Paddington. Street parking is available at both.
- When you arrive at the laundromat, look for the biggest front loader machine. MEGA is our hardworking King Doona Washer at Paddington, while MAXI does the big dirty work at Taringa. The Triple Loads can also effectively wash queen size doonas.
- Load your doona into your selected washer. Shut & latch the door, ensuring the doona does not get caught in the door and can freely move inside the machine.
- Insert coins in the coin slots.
- Select WARM temperature wash. No need to add detergent – it’s automatically injected!
- Press Start (green button). The machine will start to wash your doona.
- Relax! It takes less than 25 minutes for the cycle to complete. You can use the free WiFi, read a book or magazine, or enjoy a coffee next door while you wait.
- To tumble dry, select any of our large express dryers. Insert $4, select Low setting and press the green start button.
- Wait 28 -32 minutes, checking regularly, for a fresh and snugly doona!
So, don’t sleep in a dirty doona – its easy to wash at one of our convenient, self serve Brisbane laundromats. Wash your doona when it suits you – Snap is always open 24/7.
Ian & Michelle – authors, owners & avid doona washers.